• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hood numbers

bob b

what info and who knows how to find alpha numeric no.s on deuce hood please let me know info needed it is a 52 reo repowered in 86 i believe has multi fuel in it but still want to do it up in vietnam era paint scheme thanks bob b

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
What folks call the 'hood numbers' is actually the registration number. The registration number was stenciled along the hood on both sides into the 70s. You can find that number on your dash data plate which should have the serial number and the registration number printed on it.

The unit identification numbers were printed on the bumper. That would consist of the

On the front passenger side and on the rear drivers side:
DIV or separate brigade example 29 ID
Battalion and regiment designation example 3-116 IN

On the front drivers side and on the rear passenger side:
Company and specific vehicle number example A-4

Which would be the 29th Infantry Division, 3rd Battlaion, 116th Infantry, A Co, vehicle 4 which would normally be the supply sergeant.

For national guard units you will usually have something like VAARNG 29 ID meaning Virginia Army National Guard 29th Infantry Division.

In Germany we have a black triangle instead of having ID for infantry division. An unfilled triangle would be armor.

There is a technical bulletin in the manual section on this but I can't remember the specific number of the manual.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
If you provide the numbers stamped on the data plate, odds are we can provide the numbers that would have been painted on the hood.

Best wishes,
David Doyle