• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hoods -- A2 v. A3

Ma Duce

Looking at my truck the hood looks like somene walked on on it a "caved in" part fo the center. So I think I might need a new one.

That benig said, I got the A3 for the drive line. But i like the look of an A2 front end better. Are A2 & A3 hoods the same or are they different?

I know the A3s slope back to the cab becuase of the larger radiator, But I don't know if they used the same hood when they rebuilt the trucks.

I want to change the rake on the hood and maybe the look of the front end a bit.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A3 hoods are longer and wider in front. There's a few good threads with pics on SS.

RealCavDog

Are you a "soon to be owner' still ? Just saw your bottom line ! The metal hoods are split in the middle with a riveted filler strip, about several inches wide, don't have the exact width, 'cause mine is 'glass. pretty obvious in most cases after a few years due to holding moisture and the resulting surface rust.

I blew up several hood shots off of Epay and could see the difference !

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All you should have to do is click user CP on main page then click edit signature. Make your changes and save. If that doesn't work????

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Figured out how to move the pic. Now you have to figure out how to make it bigger.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks