• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hooked up the 105 for a dog run... photos..

Bighurt

Wow, I thought I had it bad with a 9' drive and a telephone pole...

But with a 30' street it's not to bad. Anything with tail swing has to be backed driver side to the inside, which is the preferred method when backing anything anyways. Unfortunately the pole blocks your view as does the neighbors 6' tall hedge along my drive. So it can be a crap shoot, if it was a test I'd have to take a points deduction as I almost always pull forward once.

91W350

My duals are as wide as my driveway entrance and the deuce is longer than my residential street is wide. If we have two cars parked along side the street, we have to single file between them in our cars. I should measure the street, I am guessing around 20 feet wide.

srodocker

i'll have to take pics of my apartment complex its 1 lane driveway with parking spots on both sides. its a tight fit. i need to get my powersteering on hehe

3dAngus

Just wanted to mention, on the bounce...
I always weigh my trailer down with something, about a couple hundred pounds, even if I don't need the load. It keeps the trailer from bouncing up and down so much, and pulls much easier. An empty trailer can be rough going bouncing down the road.

91W350

I have some tires and wheels to pick up, if the mud hole ever dries up. Six mounted 900X20 NDTs will take care of that bounce. The 105 sure rolls nice and smooth back there. I should swap my front tires off of my truck for the new ones on the trailer!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree, goin slow is very helpful, and the lug nuts are a watch point for myself also. Nice lookin rig!:driver: Gotta love a deuce and a dog!
God bless,

Tony

Bighurt

My duals are as wide as my driveway entrance and the deuce is longer than my residential street is wide. If we have two cars parked along side the street, we have to single file between them in our cars. I should measure the street, I am guessing around 20 feet wide.
Mine too, but again I live on a wide street, and I don't back many trailers into my drive, I have a back alley with a clean straight shot into the yard. It was the reason I bought the house. It's a tight squeeze getting my fiver in the back yard, and I don't think the M871 will make the corner. I have to hug the right side of the alley for a hairpin 90° left turn right at my back yard. Even then with my F350 has to do a two point turn and the fiver squeaks by the guys corner fence post. However that's the only hard part its a straight shot from there straight back and I can drive straight out with another interesting left at the alley end.

I have an alternate entry tot he alley but it's less than ideal, as it uses a guys driveway... that I don't know...

I do know the single file deal most of the side streets have heavy parking along both sides even in the F350 MT it can be a daunting task. I squeeze the M35 down them if I have too, but like suggest power-steering is something I eagerly await adding.

Of course the entire layout changes in the winter. My street narrows by 10-15' from snow accumulation, even now its scary parking the F350 in the street. If I don't move this summer...

aua

Maybe they should had trailer maneuvers to the rally events!

gunboy1656

Never had a problem back up small trailers, never did it using deuce and a 105. But I drove HMMVW with an M116 trailer for years.

One day I was going off to guard duty and the 1sg was having a heck of a time moving his truck and trailer, I stopped to watch for a few minutes. Finally he stopped, asked me if I could do any better. I said yes "top". He then said I will get you off gurad duty if you can back this truck and trailer down this 50 trail and not hit anything.

The trail was just wide enough to fit both in a straight line, would have been a pull through except a tree at the end.

So I get in 1st try right where he wanted it. I looked at him as he was shaking his head in disbelief. He said you will not have to go on guard duty, told him not to worry about it and walked off. Every time we had to teach someone new on backing up, I was always called in. Even had to help others move around the motorpool. Always told my ground guides to just stand there, just as a precaution.

I hope here soon I get a 105. and test my skill on the deuce.

Jimma

I hate backing up my m105. With the cargo cover on the deuce you cant see it until its too late. My driveway is very long, curved and has hills. Its nearly impossible back it in. That trailer will make a good man say bad things. ......So, I just un hitch it and then easily move it with my John Deere tractor. It pulls just fine though.

Green_gator

After backing up 105 trailers behind the shop van with no ability to see them. I broke down and installed a pintle hitch on the front bumper of my truck. It makes getting the MKT in and out of the shop a whole lot easier and much safer in my opinion when working with out a ground guide.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks