• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hooking up a VIC-1 WITHOUT a radio

historyfanatics

I did a couple of searches to see if this has been answered already, and didn't find anything. So, I'm asking the folks who know about these things if they have any ideas on how to hook up a VIC-1 without running it through the PRC or radio mount.

Here's the set-up:

The PRC-77 is in the back of the truck so the truck captain can use it for communication.

I have a -1780 for the intercom, plus 3 boxes with cables and headsets for the primary crew. The intercom is being utilized more for safety than originality. The PRC is set up how it was on the original truck (in Vietnam).

What I am trying to do is run the intercom separate of the radio. Yes, that does require the radio operator to listen to two headsets at once, but, given the nature of the truck, that's a not a problem.

As I am not familiar with the VIC-1 system, I need some pointers on how to do this.

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks