• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hooklift Unit om FMTV or LMTV?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A client of mine in Hawaii was going to have me install one on a 1078 that I picked up for him, then he found a 5t FMV with a factory mounted unit on GL IN Hawaii which he GRABBED fast, needless to say the 1078 project got dumped and the hook unit sold.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's an army version, was known as the XLHS when I was in. I think it was an XM11xx truck. I have a picture of the data plate somewhere. was being used in ADA units.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The one my client found in Hawaii according to the pictures he sent, had ONLY the hook, no container upper hooks.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The container attachment is a separate component and was probably removed prior to disposal.
CHUs are going to stay with the unit. They are worth their weight in gold, and will probably only be disposed of if they are damaged beyond repair.

Guyfang

Staff member
Yes, I've only seen them in THAAD units, although I THINK someone else has them.
Thought so. The second and third picture look like the Motor Pool where we kept the training equipment for Patriot, in the 80's. The chubby guy in the orange looks like a TACOM guy, now currently in Ansbach. On my next trip to Graf, I will cruse the Motor Pool line and see if I can spot any of these trucks. The lifting rig looks familiar. Might be able to see something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks