• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hooks M105A3 recovery

bryan70546

Well guys i got my trailers home , safe and sound drove up in bad weather and drove back in the same crap.Needless to say never again im sticking with stuff close to home.GL did manage to kill om air hose and light hook up and the trailers .good news both have new tires and lights both had new hoses and light hook ups just soom cool trailers .Sorry i did not get picks guy was not in much of a picture mood just before i picked them up i found out my dad sufferd 2 strokes and was in ICU , this happen 36 days after my mom was in ICU for a blocked colon and rupcherd stomach were we all most lost her in surgery .Oh and a big tHANKS FOR MY GOOD FREIND jUSTIN WERHING AND HIS DAD FOR HELPING ME WITH THE LOADING OF THE SECOUND TRAILER THAT WE SAVED FROM THE KILLER FORKS.

Last edited:

dr zero

I'm new to your group and have a few newb questions if I may.

I found this site while looking for some info on trailers and found this thread which helped some but brought up a couple of questions.

I noticed folks using hauler trailers to bring there trailers home and unloading looked interesting ;-)

If you are getting only one trailer and you have a pintle mount and 3/4 ton vehicle can you just tow the trailer out?

Guess you would need some temp lights and the C clamp for the brakes but is there any other tips or pointers.

Thanks for the great thread and the very cool equipment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also I hope bryan70546 that things go well for you its not easy having loved ones ill especially around the holidays.

Pawnshop

I'm new to your group and have a few newb questions if I may.

I found this site while looking for some info on trailers and found this thread which helped some but brought up a couple of questions.

I noticed folks using hauler trailers to bring there trailers home and unloading looked interesting ;-)

If you are getting only one trailer and you have a pintle mount and 3/4 ton vehicle can you just tow the trailer out?

Guess you would need some temp lights and the C clamp for the brakes but is there any other tips or pointers.

Thanks for the great thread and the very cool equipment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also I hope bryan70546 that things go well for you its not easy having loved ones ill especially around the holidays.
YES, that is the easiest way to recover a trailer, the 105 pulls very easily behind a pickup truck. If you are getting a 105A3 the surge brakes would make it even easier! We took one truck and a trailer because we were going 800mi round trip and fuel for two trucks would have eaten us alive.

Temp lights, c-clamp and a Hi-Lift jack to get the lunette low enough to put on the trucks pintle, it is too high to get there with the landing leg down and it's WAY too heavy to safely do by hand.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Just remember that empty, an M105 weighs around 2700#. You should be okay towing an empty one, particularly an A3 which has surge brakes.
I'm not worried about getting it going, I'm worried about stopping it in an other-than-normal situation.
The M105 is somewhat deceptive size-wise unless you have a comparison, they are BIG trailers as evidenced by the attached photo of my 105A2 next to the Tahoe.

Cheers

Edit- looks like I was posting at the same time as Pawnshop, so somewhat repetative.

Attachments

Last edited:

dr zero

YES, that is the easiest way to recover a trailer, the 105 pulls very easily behind a pickup truck. If you are getting a 105A3 the surge brakes would make it even easier! We took one truck and a trailer because we were going 800mi round trip and fuel for two trucks would have eaten us alive.

Temp lights, c-clamp and a Hi-Lift jack to get the lunette low enough to put on the trucks pintle, it is too high to get there with the landing leg down and it's WAY too heavy to safely do by hand.
Just remember that empty, an M105 weighs around 2700#. You should be okay towing an empty one, particularly an A3 which has surge brakes.
I'm not worried about getting it going, I'm worried about stopping it in an other-than-normal situation.
The M105 is somewhat deceptive size-wise unless you have a comparison, they are BIG trailers as evidenced by the attached photo of my 105A2 next to the Tahoe.

Cheers

Edit- looks like I was posting at the same time as Pawnshop, so somewhat repetative.

Thanks for the info!

That m105 is a big boy !!! I'm looking at a [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]M101A3 for my suburban.[/FONT]

reloader64

I have pulled 2 M105-A2s with my 3/4 ton diesel Chevy, with no problems. As Pawnshop said, bring a high-lift jack, to put the lunette on your hitch. Otherwise, it's like towing a utility trailer. I would be cautious about trying this with a 1/2 ton truck, as they usually have lighter duty brakes.

Scott

Pawnshop

I have pulled 2 M105-A2s with my 3/4 ton diesel Chevy, with no problems. As Pawnshop said, bring a high-lift jack, to put the lunette on your hitch. Otherwise, it's like towing a utility trailer. I would be cautious about trying this with a 1/2 ton truck, as they usually have lighter duty brakes.

Scott
He followed me back from OKC to Austin (360mi) with a M105A2 in tow, no worries of any kind.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks