• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hopefull Deuce buyer requesting help

Tugger

Hello all,

I have seen some examples of Deuces coming up for sale in the UK and they come across as being a great piece of kit to have some fun in/take to shows etc...etc...

However, I am new to this size of vehicle and am particularly keen on getting any information on what I should look out for in the way of possible problems or things to steer clear of.

There is one in question I would like to view (an M35 A2 multi/turbo registered in 1958) but it would be handy to be able to spot any pro's and con's before setting out.

Also can anyone shed any light on how to get hold of the operator's manual? is it available over the 'net to either buy or download?

I have read the sticky above about what to take and check before setting off, but to be honest I've not reached that point yet :lol: and it seems that the advice given there is for the collection of the vehicle from a pound or yard, it is more likely that I would be buying from a private owner.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

No.2Diesel

Hi,

At the top of the page, click on "resources" and then "Technical Manuals." Almost all the info you could ever want is in there: Ops, Maintenance, Assembly dwgs. etc.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the manuals are listed under resources. And, welcome to the site.

JeepMan

Only my opionion and I know some of you Brits will blast me about it but I can't see the duece being practicle for you giving the fact that your post indicates your unfamiliarity of the truck. Think of where and how you have to operate the truck and you'll understand what I mean ---

Tugger

JeepMan said:
Only my opionion and I know some of you Brits will blast me about it but I can't see the duece being practicle for you giving the fact that your post indicates your unfamiliarity of the truck. Think of where and how you have to operate the truck and you'll understand what I mean ---
I'm keen for your opinion, I am unfamiliar with them TBH but over here as it may be with you there is no road tax on this sort of truck, no MOT test and if you can get it, pretty much free fuel. In an otherwise heavily taxed motoring nation, a vehicle to take to shows and events and off road is an extravegence, so to have one that is fairly cheap to run changes things somewhat.

I would bee keen to hear your thoughts though.

Thanks No2 Diesel and hndrsonj, for the manual info.

Opie

If the operator's manual (referred to as the -10 or dash ten) isn't available online, I got mine from saturnsurplus.com for US$15.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We do have TM 9-2330-361-10 here on the site. We also have a scanned copy of the same manual dated 1965. It comes in 2 pieces though.