• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hoping to aquire an M1008

randyw69

Hello all,
I am not new to this website but this is my first post.Let me first say that as I have never served in our armed forces, I have the utmost respect for those who have. I am able to enjoy my hobbies and freedom because of those who served.I am 47 yrs. old and have always fooled around with cars and 4WD trucks,exclusively Chevrolets. I have always been in love with M1008's due to the 1 ton {or 5/4 ton} axles. I am going to a GSA auction later this month where there 22 M1008's and 3 M1028's up for auction. I will try to score my first M1008 { assuming Memphis Equipment doesn't show up }. Ya'll wish me luck.

AJMBLAZER

Re: RE: Hoping to aquire an M1008

dm22630 said:
Be careful with M1008s! VERY BAD rust problems underneath from what I have seen. 2cents
Unless you're talking about specific vehicles the pickups are no worse than the Blazers in the rusting department. Just check the vehicles over well for rust and if you can't find any structural you should be good.

OLDCHEV4X4

Welcome from PA. I'm a Chevy fan also.
I too am hoping to get my first M1008 soon.
Good luck at the auction. I havent had any auction luck around here yet.

randyw69

Thanks for the replies. Old chev4x4, I have been to Pa. several times as my company does business with Johnstown Welding and Fabrication in Johnstown,Pa. Absolutely beautiful country along I-76 and the Allegheny mountain range. People are nice too. Good luck on scoring a 1008. Randy