• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

horn hose air leak

Deuce007

Well today I was fixing any leaks that I found on the truck and at first I found a leak where the plastic threaded fitting of horn hose screws into the brass connection so I added some thread sealant and that stopped that leak but then it started to leak between where the black hose connects to the plastic threaded fitting. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement fitting or how I can fix my current one?

Deuce007

Yes it is an m35a3. I went to my local ace hardware today and they had a brass replacement that worked perfectly! Now I have to go back to the store and buy about 4 more because I found several other hoses that leaked at that same type of connection. the replacement is just a brass push to connect type fitting that is called a DOT air brake fitting

Attachments

Deuce007

Hey, quick question:
I am going to town later today to pick up some more fittings to fix the fittings on the other three hoses pictured above and was wondering if I should get the exact same kind of push to connect fitting like I used earlier (that seem prone to leak) or should I try and use a compression type of farrel fitting?

steelandcanvas

You should be able to use the same (new) fittings, just cut a little bit of the end off of the hose, so the fitting will have some new hose to bite on. Of course you can always go the brass compression fitting route also.