• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horn Issue

stranger75

I went to pull-a-part today and grabbed a few parts from a civilian Blazer as well as a couple C/K trucks. One of my finds was a horn. I had noticed that the volume of my horn was inaudible at highway speed and wanted to replace it. The blazer that I pulled from had two horns on it, one on the driver side marked "LO", one on the pass side marked "HI". I figure if they work, I'll have a two tone horn that will hopefully be louder than what I have been using, the standard cucv horn.

So, this afternoon I pulled the grille off my truck, pulled the horn and suppressor, spliced the green wire together with that of the civvy horn, and found out it doesn't work. :shock: I made sure the service lights switch was in the ON position, checked the fuse and tried again. Nothing. I could hear the horn relay clicking, but got nothing from the horn. Next, I disconnected the new (to me) horn, and re-installed the original horn. Once again, nothing.

The original horn worked before I pulled it off, what would cause it to not work now? I know the fuse is good, and that the relay is good, so what am I missing?

nunya

If i am correct, Don't they ground through the mounting bracket? Maybe a little dirty around the mounting holes scuff both sides and see if it is a bad ground?