• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horse power rating of MEP-002A and MEP-003A engines?

Isaac-1

Those are of course conservative military numbers the 3.25 inch bore civilian DJB which does not have an oil cooler is rated at 11.6 BHP (I don't have the number on the closest civilian cousin to the MEP 002a, the DJE with 3.5 inch bore), and the civilian DJC (close cousin to the MEP-003a, again no oil cooler and 3.25 inch bore) is rated at 21.8 BHP, and the 3.5 inch bore water cooler RDJF is rated at 32 BHP which is likely a little higher than the MEP-003a. All these numbers are at 1800 rpms.

Ike

johnray13

This happens to me all the time. It can get really annoying at times.

Here is a snapshot of the Operator and Organizational Maintenance Manual (-12) where the 003 hp rating is listed

Hp tech manual page.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks