• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hose running down from turbo resting against front axle?

treeguy

"Why would you want to cut it shorter?"
"What is wrong with it in stock form?" Doghead

I agree 100%. Unless you need to create a submarine, the original design is fine. My truck did not come with a rubber tube on the end of the slobber tube. I ran it like this for about a year and found that oily residue would build up along the frame rail and other places. I added 19" of marine (boat) wet exhaust hose (1-3/8" dia.). I know, its 1/8" too big in dia. but its all West Marine had at the time and a good hose clamp makes it work. We are not building a piano here! The 19" brings the end of the tube just over the axle at the bump stop. I look at this set up as having two benifits, the air flow under the truck blows the smell back and not tward/ inside the cab. Second it keeps the outside of the axle at this location lubed so I don't have to worry about it rusting.

My recomendation would be this length if for nothing else to keep the smell out of the cab.

P.S. West Marine or any other marine store is great for odds and ends like electrical because their products are usually rated for harsher enviornments than regular automotive stuff. ie. battery switches - the bomb, and I don't mean the cheap red Perko ones, I mean the HD Blue Sea type, I believe every deuce or MV should have one, at the least for security (behind the seat).

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
if your worryed bout air pollution, why would u drive around it a truck that hardly gets 8 mpg. :deadhorse:
Never worried about it, it's just a side effect...besides, low MPGs and low air pollution are not mutually exclusive. The multifuel engine happens to be very efficient, read about the "hypercycle" and find out.

Recovering the oil from the breather fumes and returning it to the crankcase also saves you some oil. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks