• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hose to fan clutch supply port fitting

Meauran

Hi, All:

New guy here. ‘96 M1078. Cooling fan clutch had been working fine. Suddenly was locked up. Quick troubleshoot and the supply hose fell off the rotating port to the fan clutch. Fitting between the hose and the port is missing. Anybody know what size that fitting is?

Hose side is JIC or 45 degree flare. What size?

Other side appears to be NPT. 1/8”?

Thanks.

Meauran

Hmmm, maybe not be a common issue. I resolved it myself. It's 1/8" npt to 1/4" tube 45 degree flare (note: not the same as JIC). I picked up a Parker fitting at the local store for $1.31. Their part number is 48F-4-2.

Maybe someone can answer whether that's really supposed to just hang from the connecting hose? I read where someone was defending what someone else referred to as a "stupid design" but I have to suggest suspending a hose to a rotating element from the plastic fan shroud might actually be a stupid design.

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
I had to replace mine because the fan pulley rubbed it through. I had a new one made at a hydraulic shop. Can get you the fitting numbers this weekend.
If you want a new one made PM me.

Ronmar

Yep, it just hangs from the connecting hose. With the flare fitting you can set the orientation of the hose so it stays clear of the rotating parts and hangs in tension when the engine is running as it arches up to the shroud pass-thru fitting. Stupid design? Perhaps, but seems functional enough…

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks