• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hot engine warning light.

engineer233

I have a M932A1 and when I got it the hot engine light had been removed. I removed the panel looking for the connecting wire for the indicator light ,but couldn't find it. With the TM' s I have looked at I can't make them out. My question is what wire # plugs into the hot engine indicator light ? Thanks...

Csm Davis

Juan that's not totally true, most don't but some do I have seen about a dozen that had them hooked up not sure why but seems to me that they had them and then most were removed. This just my observation, but as bad as these trucks are to say they are hot and not be it might make sense to remove the idiot light because there is a gage.

wsucougarx

There's an article in the PS Magazine talking about the removal of the ENGINE HOT idiot light. Seems the lights would go off when the truck was operating at normal temps and cause the truck to be prematurely labelled as deadlined. Or something like that. I'll try and track it down.

engineer233

Sorry guys I've not been back on in a bit I'm out of town. I had a M923 that had the light but it was missing in this one. After reading wsucougarx's response it makes it clear to me why it's gone. When I get home I will take a pic of it. Late last night I think I found the correct wire in a TM. It was #35 . I probably won't hook it up now after it being problematic. Thanks guys.

Artisan

In looking for a "How Come this is like that?" kinda deal
I ran upon this thread. My 1986 M925A1 has what appears
to be a light that was painted over. I pulled the painted red
lens and dragged it into my glass bead blaster and dang if
the red lens has a flull blown brass cop covering it completly!

HUH?

So I look inside the socket and I see a light socket but no bulb!
So I did a search here and found this...

Thanx jonesal.

FWIW.

GHall

In looking for a "How Come this is like that?" kinda deal
I ran upon this thread. My 1986 M925A1 has what appears
to be a light that was painted over. I pulled the painted red
lens and dragged it into my glass bead blaster and dang if
the red lens has a flull blown brass cop covering it completly!

HUH?

So I look inside the socket and I see a light socket but no bulb!
So I did a search here and found this...

Thanx jonesal.

FWIW.

Are you sure that's not one of the side lit gauge lights? Where is that empty socket located in the pickup?

Artisan

Are you sure that's not one of the side lit gauge lights? Where is that empty socket located in the pickup?

I am sure, it is even labeled ENGINE HOT indented into the plate,
just like in the pic engineer223 posted above, go look. engineered 223 has
a blank plate, I have a red lens that has a brass cap clear over
the top w/o a tiny hole like you would see for the front axle lock
or the high beams. I removed that and there is a light socket inside
it. Maybe I will resurect it and use it for reverse lights or something...

Csm Davis

Did you not read the post by wsucougar or jonesal? The lights were removed because they were not working properly, I have seen them removed and replaced with metal or even cardboard strips across the holes to cover them up.

GHall

Yes sir, I read them.. I guess what I meant is in those pictures there is a flat black plug used to cover the hole but the one Artisan described sounded like one of the gauge light lenses. I was just curious for no real reason I guess. Seems like that was what they had laying around to cover the hole.

Glad to see your back CSM DAVIS.. I hope your doing better.

Csm Davis

yes it seems that several the motor pool sergeants throughout to army decided that they would only use whatever they have on hand instead of trying to order the plugs fit the hole properly

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks