• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hotspur and his German cousins, Hansel and Gretal.

Hotspur the M1083 and his German cousins Hansel (The SEE backhoe/loader) and Gretal (The HMMH forklift/crane). Gretal needs brake work right now but otherwise, they all run and operate well enough. Definitely some things need doing on all of them as time goes by. But, they are very handy for clearing land and handling logs for the sawmill. A couple of bonus, sawmill pics for you showing the process of making a 2 by. Circle mill sawmills are not great at live edge slabs but, if you want beams and boards, they are awesome. Not much rolling of the logs required at all. I've got this all running as a ONE MAN process. The last pic is what we started with. A 12x12 foot termite invested, "hunting cabin". We actually lived out of our retired AT and T camper conversion for the first 6 months while we totally gutted and rebuilt the cabin. Good thing we only had Oscar Mayer our smallest, and only dog at the time. LOL, things were a bit cramped. We lived in the cabin for about a year and now have an old, 1995 30 foot trailer we have upgraded to after fixing its leaky roof. Now it's time to start building our 16x40 barn/shop so we can have storage for the rest of our stuff still in our house in Illinois. Can't wait to sell that place and be done with our "Home" state. It has gotten terrible to live there. (We even had George Floyd riots close by at 50 miles west of Chicago.) Between my wife and I we average 60 years old. It has gotten so bad in that area that we decided to pick up everything, move and, build a new home ourselves. And I'm not talking SUPERVISING the work either. Hahaha, not going to be sitting in our rocking chairs during our retirement! Anyhow, I have some repairs on Hotspur coming up in the near future. Got to fix my fan clutch engagement system, new tires, rebuild the air/hydraulic pump and air dryer. Eeh, I also seem to remember some steering parts and fixing the heater blower switch. So, sometime in the future I will post updates on all that stuff. Especially anything that might be of use to someone else doing those projects. Have a good day folks! Bill
20230421_150026.jpg20230421_150045.jpgIMG_20210910_112655.jpg20230414_143819.jpg20230414_145102.jpg20230414_152518.jpg20230414_152620.jpg20230414_155638.jpgIMG_20210928_102000.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks