• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How about this .

I won a truck out of Georgia last summer . I was told it ran and was driven in , Had the truck del. to the house and roll off the trailer, It started right up tried to drive it up to the house and found out real quick that it had a bent drive shaft. Removed the drive shaft and locked it in and drove it up to the house , not too bad I thought.RIGHTput it in park on a slight incline and it rolled back, ok no clue whats wrong so I went to SSoldiers and ask for help, was told most likly the parking paw was broke. So I just got around to looking at it ,pulled the cover off and NO PARKING PAW ASSY. AT ALL. Why would they run the truck without the parking assy. Has anyone ran into this ? Also they painted over the green truck with like Tan latex paint ,it peels right offi in sheets. Has anyone seen this before.

mktopside

Banned
I won a truck out of Georgia last summer . I was told it ran and was driven in , Had the truck del. to the house and roll off the trailer, It started right up tried to drive it up to the house and found out real quick that it had a bent drive shaft. Removed the drive shaft and locked it in and drove it up to the house , not too bad I thought.RIGHTput it in park on a slight incline and it rolled back, ok no clue whats wrong so I went to SSoldiers and ask for help, was told most likly the parking paw was broke. So I just got around to looking at it ,pulled the cover off and NO PARKING PAW ASSY. AT ALL. Why would they run the truck without the parking assy. Has anyone ran into this ? Also they painted over the green truck with like Tan latex paint ,it peels right offi in sheets. Has anyone seen this before.

Meh, the Allison in my A3 doesn't have a "park", just neutral and a parking brake.

I think you just have two separate cases of someone doing something dumb. Maybe all they had was latex and they were in the desert..... Dont have to worry about the rain washin off your paint in the desert.

:::shrugs:::

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
did you take it OUT of 4x4 when you parked it, if you did, WITHOUT the rear drive shaft, there is nothing for park to hold, did you SET the parking brake
the PARK is in the trans, you cant see it, the parking brake is at the rear wheels

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
have you droped the transmission pan ? it might not be catching inside the trans
does it have rusted cab mounts the linkage gets out of adjustment when the cab mounts go

Last edited:

RAYZER

I just acquired a deuce that has been painted tan and the paints peeling almost every where.I Hate this tan paint,a perfectly good green paint job was ruined by it, they even painted the steering wheel tan.??

I just acquired a deuce that has been painted tan and the paints peeling almost every where.I Hate this tan paint,a perfectly good green paint job was ruined by it, they even painted the steering wheel tan.??
Ya, I really didn't like the Tan color but when I recieved it it was alright ,I thought about repainting sometime . When I started on it is when I found that the paint seemed to be latex paint , it will be a job to remove . But I have time to kill.

Put in parking paw assy. in . Replaced transmission filter & oil, BOY did that make a difference in sound and shifting smooth , the trans . had a slight whinning noise , not anymore .