• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how are you covering your 4 man cargo area?

Chirider

I am looking for a way to protect my cargo area from the elements and curious eyes and thieves. What are you guys using? Tarps from the hardware store are too large. I saw a nice retractable hard tonneau by Predator Motorsports for $2700. Too rich for my blood. I'd like something like my pickup truck has that fits tight. Any specific suggestions would appreciated. Thanks!

riderdan

I've been thinking along these lines myself, but haven't come up with a perfect solution yet.

One option I'm looking into is to buy a real military tarp (OD cotton) and cut it to the right size. It's not difficult to fold the edge and sew it, and a set of 3/4" brass grommets and the tools is like $8. The only trick is attaching it, which I might do with some spare footman loops and 1" webbing I have laying around.

I've also thought about welding up some 3/8" pencil rod into a square and either tacking a piece of sheet metal to the top or again stretching and sewing a cotton tarp over it. Again, the fastening is the tricky part. I saw a guy who riveted some C channel in at the tops of the bed with the openings facing the center, which meant the top slid out but only with the tailgate down.

There's also the Velcro attached tonneaus that I could try to replicate. But I find that sewing velcro strips to vinyl to be somewhat tricky, even with access to upholstery sewing machines, which I have through school.

These are just ideas I have, nothing concrete yet. That's no real help, I know... but maybe you'll be the one to come up with the perfect solution

alphaseventwo

Photo Apr 16, 1 17 53 PM.jpg

I installed this '15 GSD for theft. The easiest cargo cover I've seen so far was a sheet of marine-grade plywood cut to fit, painted carc green (or color matched) and held down with hood pins through the fenders.

country

Supporting Vendor

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave, do they come with all the hardware as well?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks