• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How are you storing your Deuces? (Plural)

Gastrap

Winter storage next to my shop. My town uses enough salt on the roads to rot a deuce quickly, so I just parked it for the winter.
Tarp is a heavy canvas 10X12 from Northern tool. Well worth the $75, it's had 14 inches of snow on it & never sags or tore.

Threw in some new batteries last week & she cranked right up in about 4 seconds after 3 months sitting:D

deuce1 002.jpg

JL628

I used to live in the Seattle area and I don't know how you are going to store those there. Currently, I live out in the sticks in rural Texas and I keep my three Dueces in the yard in the back of my 10 acres. The neighbors can't see them and I wouldn't care much if they did.

Gastrap

Wont need to bother with my tarp pictured in my previous post this winter. Just added a 13X27' onto my existing shed, 13 wide gives just enough room to get the duals off both sides. Just need to put up the 12'wide x10' tall door & cut an opening through between the buildings now. Put down a 5 inch concrete floor, the driveway is also 5 inch.

Wife said I have room for another deuce now!:p

P1010479.jpg

baxter

Mine sits just like in my avatar pretty much all the time .We just had a new family move in across the street on friday and the wife asked mine why do you have it and she just told her if your gonna have a truck it might as well be a real truck. She's a good woman.

nhdiesel

Mine sits out in my driveway where everyone can see it. So far I've had all positive feedback, most just recently. Last week one neighbor saw my wife at the store she works at and commented that she likes my Deuce. She's an Iraq vet and said its good to see a Deuce around. +1 for her as a neighbor! Then a couple days ago I got a call from another neighbor who almost rolled over his tractor off the side of his driveway. It was in a VERY bad position between trees. I ended up using the Deuce, a chain from the front of the tractor to a large tree to keep it from turning and sliding down the bank, and another from the top of the rollbar to keep it from tipping. The last one went from the back of the tractor, directly sideways (it was between trees...had to be a side pull), across the driveway between other trees, then hooked to the Deuce. Even the mighty Deuce took a few hard pulls to get it out! It was only around a 25hp Montana tractor, so I was surprised it was so hard to pull.

But I can add him to the list of neighbors happy for me to have a Deuce. :driver:

Jim