• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How can I tell?

ODdave

I think it looks like it would be a good swap, (i would probly run a 241 insted of the 205) Keep in mind the adapter plate is a lil differnt for the 4l80, have to machine it. As far as the strenght goes, the 4L80E is plenty strong, the 400 is just more stupid proof. There are better 4l80's out there though if you are planing on opening it up. look for a later one with the cooler ports seperated. 1 at the front and 1 at the rear.

mynewtoy

ODdave Does the 241 have the provision for the PTO ? The 205 case for a Turbo 400 I already have has the PTO on it. The pump for the dump is driven by a PTO. What do you mean the later 4L80E has better cooler ports can an older 4L80E be upgraded? I'm still not clear about the VIN. issue do you or anybody elso know what letter or # signifies which trany is in a vehicle?I'm going to try the dealer tomorrow I had no luck with the pick-ups they said they couldn't help.

ODdave

Oh yea , i forgot about you needing the pto, u will have to run the 205, Only the 241HD had the pto but that wont work for your app. Its not that the cooler ports are better its the lube system inside the trans (you tell the 2 apart by the cooler lines). One is a center lube, one is a side lube. IIRC you cannot upgrade the early models.

mynewtoy

ODdave How about this I called the dealer today they were able to tell me it is a 4L80E but according to them it's a 350 gas not a 6.2 diesel as it says in the description. Wouldn't that be a nice surprise that being said what is considered a newer 4L80E [93?] There was a 97 cube van with a 6.5 and 4L80E but I was worried that it would have more electronics and I wouldn't be able to use all the parts I need Is there a big difference between a 91 & 97 - 6.2 & 6.5? Is the newer 4L80E that much better? Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks