• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How can this be fixed

mutt_r

I had problems to get my wheel from the hub. Finally it happened and it was a little bit tricky. Thanks to Loctite :naner: which was helpful, too.

Now the question. From the -34P I can see that it should be a bolt with a ribbed shoulder. But mine isn't ribbed. How can I get the bolt (steel) into the hub (aluminium) not to get any trouble again? Loctite can't be the solution and I cannot weld steel and aluminium. Or can I?

Thanks in advance for any better idea.

Img_3899_2.jpg

Jeepsinker

It need not be a ribbed bolt shoulder if it is a tight press fit. The ribbed section is only to help tighten the fit up and also to keep the stud from spinning when the nut is tightened onto it. I would suggest using grease on the threads upon assembly if you cannot find new studs with ribs. All you can do is reassemble and try it. If it spins we can go another direction.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you take a center punch and go around the thing at a angle and raise up some metal. Then use locktight for bearing and stud.

jbayer

If you have some time, patience, and a way of supporting the the bolt, like in a "V" block, using a sharp chisel held parallel to the bolt you can come close to replicating the original raised ribs.
I have done this before with fairly good success.

mahdey

If you have some time, patience, and a way of supporting the the bolt, like in a "V" block, using a sharp chisel held parallel to the bolt you can come close to replicating the original raised ribs.
I have done this before with fairly good success.

Do this. When I have a truck come in that has spun wheel bearings before, i will take a punch and score up the surface with punch marks, then press in the race. You need a knurl on there or else it will spin again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks