• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How did I do? M104

Injunfarian

So I purchased a 1972 M104 today, it came with ontario ownership that states its a m104 instead of other trailers I found that say homebuilt...

It is in decent shape with some rust but not alot... The wheels have alot of depth but are weather cracked... Has everything I believe(Front landing gear, front and rear tail gates and rails, bows, etc...) It did come with a tarp but I believe it is not the right one for this trailer... Also came with a home made bench seat that spans the trailer(front to rear).

I ended up paying $600 for it.

Pics are from the seller, I will get more pictures tommorrow including close ups as well as without the tarp.

Attachments

Injunfarian

It is a 104(ownership) plus the front landing gear is under the frame when up and has front tailgate... the hand brakes are in the rear of the trailer behind the tires.

Injunfarian

No prob, totally understand with the cover this thing has on... I thought it was a M105 as well until I got the pleasent surprise when I seen it in person today. The seller didn't know what he had and I am glad he didn't nor did he post any pictures of it... I had to request them. He listed it as a 5ton military trailer.

So you think the cover is from a Genset?

Looks like I will be shopping for a new cover for it.

Last edited:

Bighurt

Yeah generator trailers have have all bows no sides so they have taller covers.

Hows the condition? I've been considering a gen cover for a future project with one of my 105's...LOL

Injunfarian

Yeah generator trailers have have all bows no sides so they have taller covers.

Hows the condition? I've been considering a gen cover for a future project with one of my 105's...LOL
Ahh thanks for the info. To be honest I didnt really look at the condition of the cover since I knew it wasn't the right one so wasn't a priority. I will check it out tommorrow and take some pictures...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be a cover off of an M1011 or something. The 103A3 genset covers have a notched area for the wheelwell on the genset beds. 104s are cool. Rare here in the states as they haven't been made since the 50s.

Injunfarian

Here are the pictures, not much rust on her... I am going to wait until I remount the trap to take pictures of it.

Here is the number that is on the tarp:
2540 21 891 4533

Attachments

Last edited:

Injunfarian

Thanks, yeah I was pretty excited to see the front gate when I uncovered it.

It's a shame I am going to be modifying it... however it will be bolt on type stuff and wont do much that will be irreversable.

Banzai_ii

M104

Hollo,
I am new here and a new owner of a m104 trailer. I poll it behind a f150 for the moment. The brake line has been cut so I was wondering if it is air brakes or hydraulic? And is it possible to set up to have the brakes work with a civ pick-up?
Thanks