• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how did the papers look like you stored in this folder

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi

A friend gave me this folder yesterday. I had never seen a folder like this before.
According to the labeling, these folders were probably used for all kinds of machines and vehicles.
So I can imagine that this was a part of the vehicle history and maintenance protocols were included.
For stationary machines probably on the machine itself and for vehicles probably at the stuff sgt.

Is my assumption correct?
What kind of papers did you store in this folder in a HMMWV situation?
IMG_1479.jpeg

thx, hansen

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are on ebay all the time. I got mine from an auction, new. Search for: "U.S Army Equipment Record Folder"

There appear to be a bunch of current auctions for it.
I found them, was searching using a specific name. Thanks.

Guyfang

Staff member
This has been bugging me since I looked at this thread. Here is a list of what I seem to remember of being in the Log Book. I am sure I forgot something.

The official name for the Log book was Equipment Record Folder. It had in it:

DA Form 2404 or 5988, Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Work sheet.
DA Form 2404, Record of PMCS
DA Form 2408-5, Equipment Modification Record
DA Form 2408-9, Equipment Control Record
DA Form 2408-14, Deferred Maintenance, or Parts on Order
DA Form 2408-20, AOAP Log
DD Form 1970, Motor Equipment Utilization Record
SF-91, Operators Report of Motor Vehicle Accident

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This has been bugging me since I looked at this thread. Here is a list of what I seem to remember of being in the Log Book. I am sure I forgot something.

The official name for the Log book was Equipment Record Folder. It had in it:

DA Form 2404 or 5988, Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Work sheet.
DA Form 2404, Record of PMCS
DA Form 2408-5, Equipment Modification Record
DA Form 2408-9, Equipment Control Record
DA Form 2408-14, Deferred Maintenance, or Parts on Order
DA Form 2408-20, AOAP Log
DD Form 1970, Motor Equipment Utilization Record
SF-91, Operators Report of Motor Vehicle Accident
If ONLY someone could attach blank PDFs of these docs to this thread ... So we can DIY our own PMCS records etc.

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also have such a folder for one of my MEP802A generators.
It contains these forms:

DA5823 Equipment identification card
DA2404 Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Work sheet
AWRDS BII/SKO Inventory Report
DD FORM 314 Preventive Maintenance Schedule and Record
DA2408-9 Equipment Control Record
APS-3 Equipment MAM/SOUM/GPM Record
DD1397 Processing and Deprocessing Record for Shipment, Storage, and Issue of Vehicles and Spare engines

Guyfang

Staff member
It contains these forms:

DD1397 Processing and Deprocessing Record for Shipment, Storage, and Issue of Vehicles and Spare engines

This gen set is a good example of equipment that was sent to the APS (Army Prepositioned Stock) program.

DA5823 Equipment identification card. It is the card in the front pocket on the log book.

DA2404 Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Work sheet. It will list ANY and ALL Discrepancy, Fault, Deadline item, on the equipment. It will also have any needed parts, listed by TM, Figure, Item, page#, NSN or Part number, Requisition Info, and when something is fixed/repaired, that will be annotated there with date and Initials of correcting mechanic.

AWRDS BII/SKO Inventory Report. It will have an inventory of the BII, (Basic Initial Items) needed to be issued, to insure that the set is ready to be safely put into operation.

DD FORM 314 Preventive Maintenance Schedule and Record. This is in my mind, the most important form in your Log book, and is only in yours, because it was in the ASP program. Normally it is in the unit dispatch office. It only goes into the log book, when it is transferred to another unit. The DD Form 314 is a record of ALL scheduled and accomplished maintenance for the gen set. That will include,Services to be preformed IAW, (In Accordance With) the LO, (Lubrication Order), the AOAP, (Army Oil Analyses Program) and Break test Program. I am sure I have forgotten, something else.
1687815304676.png

APS-3 Equipment MAM/SOUM/GPM Record. I have never seen one of these. But assume it shows receipt of the gen set by APS.

DD1397 Processing and Deprocessing Record for Shipment, Storage, and Issue of Vehicles and Spare engines. I assume this shows what was done to Process the gen set before putting it into storage.

All in all, interesting documents. The DD Form 314 is used for almost EVERY piece of equipment in the Army. From gas masks, ration heaters, gen sets, trucks, most trailers, weapons, to things you would never even think of.

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It contains these forms:

WOW, big thanks for all the deatils. It will help me to fill this folder.
I found the the DA5823 and the DA2404 in the internet at
and

The AWRDS BII/SKI Inventory Report i was't able to find blank form.
The is a lot of training documents that will helps you when your have to take the inventor in a army depot. But not specifically for a car or its inventory list.

The DD FORM 314 you attached, thanks for ist...
I tryed to figure it out how this form works by looking for filled out samples.
IMG_0827.jpeg
But now i'm more confused as before. 1-31 are the day... Jan-Dec are the month. Every "x" in this coordinate system means a specific day.
But hat are the filled in this sample. Why all the numbers?
I was unable to find a "how to fill out the DD FORM 314"

For the APS-3 Equipment MAM/SOUM/GPM Record i also was'nt able to find a sample.
Tryed by using the https://armypubs.army.mil webside... but without substantial result.

The DD 1397 i interesting. I found a template here: https://www.templateroller.com/temp...-unit-record-reserve-training.html#doc_window
The armypubs website has some details, but the pdf part is broken for this sheed.
Now i need to find a "how to fill out this form" manual ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks