• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How Did You Install VIC-1 In M1009?

762luver

Hey Members!

I just picked up my VIC-1 set at the MTA swap meet and am fishing for Ideas of how to go about the installation. I haven't seen many posts or pics on this and am looking for suggestions so I can get the cable lengths right.

Tell me what you like about your install and what you'd do different if you had the time and money. :)

I have the radio shelf populated with the '524 and '442 all ready and have a second rack to mount above them for more radios and gear.

The hard part seems to be the base amplifier because of it's size and has cable connections all around. Is this a good thing??

I have also seen some interesting things done with the "Dash Plate". I wouldn't mind if you showed that off as well.

Thanks!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen one or two maybe over the years. I didn't save any pics. Hopefully someone will step up with some info!

762luver

As of this posting, there were 87 viewers of this post. This tells me there is interest, but no one has done it yet. That's fine, I've been a trend setter before.

My plans at this point are to install the base above the current rack on a 2nd tier rack above it. This will allow me to keep the cable runs to the radio sets short and still have the unit accessible for switching things on and off.

I'm considering putting in a "Shelf-It" across the top front where the visors mount and install the station boxes there. Not sure what else would live up there, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

73's
KB1THK
:beer:

Don't worry folks, I'll post pics of the build as it progresses. We are still in the "design phase".

Flyingvan911

Since a M1009 is a little quieter than a deuce or 5 ton, there probably aren't very many VICs installed in CUCVs. You might check the threads about VICs in the bigger trucks.

jw4x4

As far as communications, you just can't beat a Peltor Power Com. They are superb especially when trail riding. And no pesky cables.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks