• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I change out GI fuel filter for spin on?

fal_shooter

I purchased a Racor 490 fuel filter with water-in-fuel option. I am not a mechanic. Does anyone have a step-by-step for removing the issue fuel filter system and replacing it with the racor 490 spin on?

What do I disconnect on the original system and what do I keep? It looks like one fuel line going in and one going out but what do I know.

I want the water-in-fuel light on the dash to work. How is that wired on the original fuel filter? The Racor has 3 wires and can be hooked up as 12 or 24 volt. The Racor WIF came with instruction so if I can identify the connections on the truck side it should be easy to connect it.

I would appreciate any help you can offer on this. I am not close to being a mechanic but I can follow instuctions.

Thanks guys. I am new but I love this site. I got my M1008 less than a year ago and I drive it every day. I am already looking for a M1009 so I guess I am hooked.

Midnight Rider

I haven't done this myself, but if you search I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for. I do know that someone posted about changing theirs to the spin on type.

As for the wiring, download the TM's. They are listed under the Resources tab.

Good luck.