• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How Do I Contact OD Iron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoplay

Although I have not done Business with OD yet, I plan to very soon, I have heard nothing but GOOD about OD IRON everyone makes mistakes it sounds like he trying to make good, maybe you should try USA 6x6??

dabtl

I was in USA6x6 a month or so ago. They apparently have quit stocking Ouverson parts.

I have done some amount of business with OD Iron this year and have had my orders filled promptly.

But, I have to say this is the first time I have ever been chewed out for ordering and paying for something the same day from a vendor; having the vendor admit screwing it up and then be told to take some part from someone with whom I have never done business and be happy.

So long as Saturn and TnJ Murray are in business I will not have to go through this again. In short, I am done with OD Iron as a vendor.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
dabtl said:
So long as Saturn and TnJ Murray are in business I will not have to go through this again.
Really??? Wanna hear a story?

I won't go into it, but I experienced a delay with one of the two you mention. And we delt with it, and got it handled. A speed-bump in the long road to MV land. Endeavor to persevere!

OD, TNJ, and Saturn are all quality operations. But each of them, and each of us at some point, experience a little injector clog. It may blow through, or it may make you pull over to the side of the road and cuss. It'll happen today, It'll happen tomorrow. It'll happen with everyone who has a pulse right now.

One thing I've noticed, and I'm sure we all have, is how well the MV world operates. If we could make it through this with no snags, we'd be perfect, huh?

I withdrew a post way back at the beginning of this thread when I knew Mike was most likely at the FL event, and not able to get back. Someone else posted the info anyway. I believe your matter was simply a timing issue. The forces lined up that day in a way that caused you some delay. It happens on occasion, but I believe Mike and everyone involved want you to have what you need and get back in the drivers seat where you belong.

I've bought Ouverson from Mike, and found plenty to do on my truck while I waited for it to arrive. It's going to be o.k.! Spring is here. The days are longer. The weather is better. Relax and get ready to enjoy your Ouversons!

:driver:

mangus580

Ok guys... enough is enough.

Dabtl... please let us know if the shaft arrives today.

Everyone else.... at this point the thread remains unlocked only so he can report back.

Dabtl its the exact same axle shaft. We just also stock them due to the offroad world. Any company that gets behind alot of time will ask another company to drop ship a part for them (thats the exact same) to there customer. I do it quite a bit also. IF someone orders a boat load of seals or something from me that i just dont have enough to fill the order on. Instead of making them wait till the next shipment arrives, i just call mike and ask him is a sto help me out and ship them to them so the client dont have to wait. Mike is a stand up guy.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Offroadfabworks said:
Any company that gets behind alot of time will ask another company to drop ship a part for them (thats the exact same) to there customer. I do it quite a bit also. IF someone orders a boat load of seals or something from me that i just dont have enough to fill the order on. Instead of making them wait till the next shipment arrives, i just call mike and ask him is a sto help me out and ship them to them so the client dont have to wait. Mike is a stand up guy.
Sounds familiar....... ;)

dabtl

The axle arrived. Shipped about four days ago. In good order. Nicely packed.

No instructions. Not a big deal as I am able to read the TM's and have worked on many vehicles.

Who made the axle is unknown. It seems nice enough.

I found the service from OD Iron and the explanations poor at best. I do not want anyone here to do more than they want or to be influenced by my experience. I report only the experience, you decide who you want to do business with here.

I do not intend in any way to demean your experience with OD Iron or to attempt to persuade you in any way to not do business with them. That is every buyer's choice to make.

I may have stepped on some toes. I could care less.

I will say that having ordered and paid for an item at the same time, never have I had the vendor that took the money chew me out for asking about the delivery of the product ordered and paid for by me. I have declined discount offers on future purchases in satisfaction as I do not intend to make future purchases from OD Iron. So far as I am concerned the matter is closed between myself and them.

I wish them good luck in the future, happy sales and fair winds.

mangus580

Dabtl... thanks for letting us know you got it.

The rest of you who posted.... did what I said NOT mean anything to you????

mangus580 said:
Everyone else.... at this point the thread remains unlocked only so he can report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.