• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how do u hook up a power inverter to your humvee

rookie

I want to know how do u hook up a power inverter its a 24 volt to 110 i want to know how to safely hook it up i have a 94 hmmvw it also has a 200 amp alternator.

rookie

How would u hook up a 24 volt power inverter without the slave port to one battery or ? I saw the one one u said jake but its a bit pricey nice and convenient thou.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
How would u hook up a 24 volt power inverter without the slave port to one battery or ? I saw the one one u said jake but its a bit pricey nice and convenient thou.
If its 24v, one battery will not get the job done.

Hook the positive lead to the + side of one battery and the negative lead to the - of the other battery. Make sure you put a fuse within a couple inches of the + connection of the appropriate size for your protection.

dmetalmiki

As mentioned, Inverter positive+ to the 24 volt positive Power out on the vehicles first battery, and Inverter negative to the (second) battery negative. Make sure and use a good quality heavy duty wiring for the job.
Fit a separate idolator switch, and a suitable fuse.

papakb

Remember that inverters are power suckers and can kill your batteries pretty quickly if left on with the engine off. Depending on the inverter you buy, make sure that you input feed wires match the manufacturers recommendations for current capacity. The last thing you want is an electrical fire in your truck. You might want to consider something called a battery tender that will disconnect power before the voltage gets too low to start the truck.

Kurt
KG6KMJ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks