• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you guys charge your batteries?

PowerstrokeNC

So it seems my best option is 2 cheap tenders for the duece and 4 for the 5 ton. Sears has them for about 30 bucks... Not bad.
Compared to a 24 v 2 bank at about 120 bucks I would be saving quite a bit...

PowerstrokeNC

So it seems my best option is 2 cheap tenders for the duece and 4 for the 5 ton. Sears has them for about 30 bucks... Not bad.
Compared to a 24 v 2 bank at about 120 bucks I would be saving quite a bit...

Hyenine

I use a battery jumper cable to link each battery in parallel, then charge like you would any other 12v battery. To date, I have had great success with this method.

Rustygears

Uh, I hope you mean that you first disconnect the mil cables and THEN use a jumper cable to tie in parallel. Otherwise the jumper cable directly shorts out at least one battery and make a great arc welding demonstration and maybe also a hydrogen explosion demo as well.

markehle

Yes, but they wouldn't equalize the charge as a 24v would. For the price of two twelve volt units, you should be able to
find something.

BatteryMINDer Battery Charger / Maintainer / Conditioner — 24 Volt 1/2/4 Amp, Model# 24041 | Battery Maintainers | Northern Tool + Equipment
I use these and have had great success with them, however I have learned that they don't really have "Weatherproof construction" as their ads will say. Mount them somewhere that will stay dry and they work great. Let them get even a little wet and all the magic smoke comes out of them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks