• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how do you hook up the speedo gear for a m1009 to a NP205

sniperx9119

just like the title says im super new to this(got my m1009 yesterday). The PO installed a NP205 behind the TH400 and never hooked up the speedo cable, My transfercase is pouring out fluid because theres a hole near the output shaft that i assume is where the speedo cable goes, can anyone take a picture or have a diagram of how this connects? Thanks!

LanceRobson

From memory, the speedo cable goes to the tail of the transmission and on the M1009 it has a little gear box "adapter" that changes the reading of the speedo due to the axle gear ratio being different from the rest of the fleet. I seem to see a mental picture, in a darl corner of my brain cell, of an adapter with a somewhat cylindrical center section with the male and female ends to make the transition from the cable to the tail shaft.

Lance

sniperx9119

ok the speedo cable isnt hooked up, but the speedo drive gear is missing i can put my finger in the transfer, when im driving it slings transfer fluids everywhere, it did have a plastic cap stuck in the hole but it blew that off while driving, i need to know where i can find something to plug that hole, or where i can get the speedo drive gear, i dont care if my speedo works, i have a gps.

sniperx9119

also my linkage is messed up so i have no clue if i am in 4wd or not, is there a picture of what the linkage on the transfer looks like when the np205 is in 2wd?

Shop Rat Fab

Go to the TM link below there is an illustration on page 539 of 724 or section 249 in the TM. The TM does not call out any difference between 208 and a 205 so I do not know if there is a difference I have only worked on m1009s that have the 208 that uses the "adapter", item#8.
TM 9-2320-289-20P

Last edited:

sniperx9119

i cant really drive anywhere and im in a BFE town but i found a picture and i need item B and item C if anyone could point me in the right direction, autozone said they dont carry even the sleeve

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks