• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you justify a Deuce to a wife/gf?

kennys@wi.rr.com

No wives you convince you are hiding it at a friends farm, then they realize you don't even have one. That's when you bring it home after the EUC clears, years later.

Crazyguyla

Just get it, she might think you are crazy...but that is ok she is just your gf! My wife said she would never ride with me, but she has and she wants to put a "hello kitty" sticker on it, I said as long as it is a small one.
There is nothing small about Hello Kitty's big head LOL. You could comprimise. Instead of a sticker, you could have a Hello Kitty stencile made. Then spray it on so it goes with the camo pattern.

Or Hello Kitty's on the door .. sorta like fighters used to paint the number of kills on the side of the planes. LOL

ABN173

Scott (aka srodocker) came to a rally just over a year ago, I don't think she was crazy over the idea. Well he got one anyway and dragged her to a car show and a couple more rallies now she loves it and wants her own MV too.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I agree , your in for alot of fun later down the road if you let a g/f tell you what to do now.

Its your truck , you didnt buy it for her so if she dont want ot ride in it no loss , right? My wife doesnt like my bigger MV's/Trucks but loves the smaller ones like the M37. Honestly with the new M37 I got in , im probably going to paint it pink and let it be hers.

Varyag

Girlfriends come and go. I would only worry about it if I was married to her.... like I am to my wife. Just get the truck and have fun with it. I would seriously get an a2 rather then an a3 though.

mistaken1

How do you justify a Deuce to a wife/gf?

I want the M35A3 in the worst way but my gf is giving me a hard time about it. She said I will look crazy and that she will never ride in it. How can I fix this?
My wife has worked the MVs more than I have.

Just buy it, it will grow on her.

Sethroanoke

Honestly I would tell her that you want it, am going to get it and if she doesn't like it tough. You aren't married to her and not using her money to buy it.

If she does not want to ride in it...too bad for her. There will be a long line of other people wanting to ride shotgun with you so the seat will be filled.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want the M35A3 in the worst way but my gf is giving me a hard time about it. She said I will look crazy and that she will never ride in it. How can I fix this?

Shouldn't this start with "DEAR ABBY"?

Take it to Oprah.

el_magico

1. Oh that? It fell off the back of a truck and nobody claimed it.
2. I won it in a contest on the radio. I just had to pay for registration.
3. Opt to run it on bio-diesel and tell her its a hybrid.
4. Explain, that with bio-diesel (if you make your own) its more economical than your other vehicle.
5. Tell her you need a truck that can haul your other truck in case it breaks down.

-if none of this works-

1. There are plenty of fish in the sea!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be respectful but firm about it. If she loves you, she'll stick around. If she just wants you for window dressing and the deuce ruins it, so be it. I can easier justify a deuce over 5 pairs of shoes. Who needs more than 5 prs of shoes?

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been happily married for 14 years and have never asked or seeked my wifes approval for any vehicle that I own. As long as your not spending resources that would hamper your abilty to take care of your family and other life repsonsibilities your GF does not have a dog in this hunt.

Stalwart

When I bought my first MV, I had a Ferret for the wife inside the trucks load bay. 12 years later she told me I absolutely HAD to buy the HEMTT and she was willing to spend more money than I was on it.

Attachments

cessnatwin

You don't justify a deuce, its like justyfing having a girlfriend that objects to things that you would like to do! Get rid of her, get a deuce and move on!

cessnatwin

SETOYOTA I could not have said it better, like I told my wife before we got married, 2 things ruin it, If you stop me from buying things I want if I am responsible, and voting as a democrat! It is real simple!

bigtoyman

If your girlfriend supports you and pays all the bills......then your probably smart enough to figure out a way to get the truck too......
if not then the question makes no sense to me.......:smile:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks