• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you mark your bumper?

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan to use 3" premuim vinyl decals.

My active unit was 2nd Armored Division, 3rd Armored Battalion, 66th Armored Regiment. Bumper numbers looked like this: 2▲3▲66 stateside and in Deutschland
2▲(FWD)3▲66[FONT=&quot]. In the states solid triangles and in Deutschland they were open in the center. I am going solid stateside style.

Now I am tossed. Do I pay homage to our Deuce (We had no line company 5 tons) B-4. We called him "Ernie". Or do I honor my old tank B 32?

[/FONT]

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine are only marked on the right side. The unit I was active duty in did not have MV's (long story), but I commemorate the special State Guard license plate I had on my car and my current SCSG duty assignment. Hence my first MV is G4-38, and the fifth one is G4-42 ( my old plate was SC 38, and many a Highway Patrol Officer thought I was a muckety-muck, as did more than one MP, state owned vehicles are all prefixed "SG", which looks 'very close'). Higher HQ side is usually blank, but can have CFF, MVCSC or SCSG-HQ, depending on the role the truck in at the time.

armytruck63

My bumper was marked the last time I crossed a big ditch and ended up with dirt on top of the bumper.

Seriously though, not being a vet I don't try to pass myself off as one. I also usually wear a club T-shirt or the one with the Atomic Cannon photo when driving the truck.

The bumper was painted with a brush, which looks cool, so I left it that way.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right Front:
6971SS = 6971st Security Squadron (Intell Collection & Analysis)

Left Front:
NSA = National Security Agency (Yes - I REALLY worked there) ((Also known as: No Such Agency)) Our motto: "In God we trust - All others we monitor."

Our unit had no vehicles. I'm simply proud to remember and salute those who have served that mission.

I COULD tell you more, but then I'd have to kill you.

Attachments

BugEyeBear

I have an old high school buddy who lost his brother in Nam.

I've asked him for his brother's unit info, & this will go on my truck when it gets repainted.

No one else needs to know what the numbers signify. I will know & my buddy will know. Good enough.

halftrack43

What ever means the most to you is what counts, not everyone has to know what it means. I've seen guys make up codes only there old platoon would have known.
Show it enjoy it, lifes too short.
Rick

saddamsnightmare

October 31st, 2009.

"Saddam's Nightmare", the icon in my user title, is a 1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 which served in Vietnam and Desert Storm. It carries the markings for the 3rd A.Cav as it's former owner BullDogMack13, served in Operation Iraqi Freedom in that unit. The Markings are
"III 3/3 CAV" and "L-50". Her last military user was the "300th QMC 88RRC" "C-11" as that is a combination of Carnac's research and what's inside the drivers cab door. She has also gained her hood marking on the tip of the snout between the indents of "Saddam's Nightmare" to give her a proper name for Desert Storm.
I use the truck as a working private truck, but I maintain her to honor all the veterans who have served with her in the United States Army since 1971. And that is the story I tell of her to people who ask, and they do ask.

Just my .02 worth,

Cheers,
Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

6x6guy

After some thought it came to me, what would prevent me from getting a ticket and also gives me a all access pass for roadblocks for ERS ( emergency relocation situation) and also 1 of the units I served in 933MP co 33RD BRIGADE.

rlwm211

I repainted my truck in the NATO cammo scheme and lettered the truck to my son's outfit he served with in Iraq and uised a truck number that coincides with a unit he drove.

As far as parades I dress in woodland camo, not to pretend or pose, but simply to be in sync with my truck and how it appears.

I see no problem with changing the numbers simply as the military reassigned these vehicles with great regularity and I am sure all of the vehicles we own have had several different designation on them.

As long as we are doing our best to preserve the heritage, I do not think it matters too much as long as we do it with respect.

NOW, if you have Dellusions of superiority and put stars on your jeep and act like a "General", well, you may hear about it from some.

Just my two cents

RL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks