• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you protect your Truck from the elements?

dannyd2450

I have an M923 and would love to store indoors, however, that is an expensive option in south florida. At the moment I use an inexpensive RV cover which does an "OK" job. Any recommendations?

dannyd2450

Agreed... It would be nice to just pull in and not have to mess with the cover. Since its not "made for the truck" it doesn't go on so easily. I am trying to post a picture of what it looks like, but for some reason I cannot upload.

RAYZER

I have thought an rv cover would be a good idea too.
If nothing ealse it would help protect the paint job from from fading out after a couple years in the sun.

RangerBob

<snip> Any recommendations?
Sorry, no hope. That FL sun and the salty sea air are gonna eat it up. Best to just let me take it off your hands and bring it to the cool mountains of NH, or the dryness of the NM desert where it will be preserved in perpetuity. :)

Last edited:

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right now the only trucks that will fit in my pole barn are the deuce and the M1009. I hope to eventually build another pole barn for the 5 Tons.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They're military trucks. Unless you are keeping a parade truck, or a trailer/show queen, just leave it outside. Repaint every few years.

If you feel the need to keep it out of the rain, a tarp strung out, tied in the trees will do the trick for most rains. When hurricane season comes, tarps are easy to take down, or replace if God gives the tarp a one-way flight to Louisiana.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks