• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you reconnect a trailer to MK48

scootertrs

Been thinking that I need one of those MK48's with a trailer unit. Been doing some research, but cannot find the manual for the units. Some of the GL info says that GL personnel will not re-attach the trailer to the cab. I have no clue, and may be biting off more than I can chew, but I can be pretty resourceful when I have to be. I don't know if the front cabs steer or do they steer in relationship with the trailer via the hydraulic rams? A lot of questions. I know. Thanks for the help.

3dAngus

You can ask Wreckerman or Ron as they are working these exact issues down at Jacksonville now. They might give you a response this evening if not to busy.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Raul, there are many threads running on these units now. TM 08780B is what you need for the manuals. BBF also has experience with these.

paradeduty

Honestly, with Wreckerman's experience, especially of late - just hire Wreckerman if you win a truck. Chances are pretty good that his services will be requested by enough people to make the trip worth his investment in time, etc. I am having him help me with mine and he is extremely reasonably priced and very professional. Well worth the investment. By the way, they will NOT let anyone drive one of these directly off of the base property. I see that you are out of Florida, but driving it home is not going to be an option (don't know if hiring a wrecker to pull it off base is worth it/possible without major logistics). Just some thoughts.

scootertrs

100% in agreement... as I told a friend when I wanted a crash fire truck hemmet... (spare tire was on the rear deck, about 10 feet off the ground) and he said... you are going to have a heck of a time changing a flat... to which I replied... those are "rich man problems" meaning I had succeeded at winning the auction, bought the truck, brought it home, and got a flat... I should be so lucky!!! Should the GL Gods smile upon me and allow me to possess such a machine, my second phone call (first is to my wife, that monitors these auctions like a hawk) will be to wreckerman. I have read and heard only good things about him and his work, and a military base is no place to learn how to load or transport a machine I have never seen up close before.

Thanks for the input, be safe

Honestly, with Wreckerman's experience, especially of late - just hire Wreckerman if you win a truck. Chances are pretty good that his services will be requested by enough people to make the trip worth his investment in time, etc. I am having him help me with mine and he is extremely reasonably priced and very professional. Well worth the investment. By the way, they will NOT let anyone drive one of these directly off of the base property. I see that you are out of Florida, but driving it home is not going to be an option (don't know if hiring a wrecker to pull it off base is worth it/possible without major logistics). Just some thoughts.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep, complete units that sold were NOT complete units as the normal people think of complete units, the GL complete units (A+B) consisted of unit A of the complete unit sitting at point A, unit B of the complete unit is sitting somewhere between point B and point Z, but in NO circumstances is it unit D that is directly behind unit A. Now you must REMEMBER that unit B and unit D are ABSOLUTLY IDENTICLE in all ASPECTS except the id number. IF A & D went together as a complete unit, we would not have the fun of the hunt, the fun of watching a truck drivers face when you POINT to unit A and then point to unit B which is clean on the other side of the yard and say "there is your COMPLETE MK48 UNIT", the fun of hands on experience of the two units mating, the fun of DRIVING a MK48 FPU or the fun of DRIVING MANY complete MK48s. Not really sure if you could ask for a better life then this,
:beer::beer::beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks