• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you remove the dashboard?

Sparo2

Hey guys,

I'm trying to remove the entire dashboard to clean everything out and get it ready for paint. I have already removed the driver side portion of the dashboard. I am now working to remove the center part just above the doghouse but I'm having issues removing it. I have already removed the six or seven screws on the bottom. Are there any other screws that I need to take out?

Sparo2

Never mind you guys. I finally got it out. For anyone in the future that is looking to remove their dashboard and having issues with the center part, do you need to cut out the inserts where the electronics tray (The tray that holds the computers and other radio electronics) bolted to.

Action

You shouldn't have to cut anything. The bottom pulls out and then the top lip comes out of a groove. When reinstalling, you will have to squeeze the bottom up to fit it inside the opening.

Sparo2

Not on mines. Trust me I tried doing just that. Those inserts go through the dashboard and are crimped to a reinforcement bracket behind the dash.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks