• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do YOU stow your medium tow bar?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has been said it is never a good idea to add more weight to the front of a Deuce. I like the idea of putting under the bumper but it doesn't need to extra poundage. WO/W trucks would work though.

All that aside I put mine in the bed and let it ride. No pics but if you close your eyes and imagine the back of an MV you will se it right there to the right side up in front.

;-)

quickfarms

Will's method of putting it under the bed is neat and it does not occupy and bed space. The problem with putting it in the bed is you are either moving it all the time or it will be under the cargo when you need it.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I keep mine in the front of the bed on a couple pieces of cribbage, strapped down tight so it doesn't move. It's never in the way since it doesn't stick out any further than the electric winch I have back there to load ATVs with. It's been back there for a few years and no issues at all.

TacticalDoc

if you're going to add the weight to the front why not just leave it attached to the bumper and have the loop or bars secured to the hood? I'm going to leave mine in a job box secured to my bed

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
if you're going to add the weight to the front why not just leave it attached to the bumper and have the loop or bars secured to the hood? I'm going to leave mine in a job box secured to my bed
It will beat the heck out of the leading edge of the hood. And if it were to fall..................... the liability makes me shudder.

Fireball37

so you ever use this towbar to tow a deuce with another deuce and how far ? on the road or just off road?
hope that's not a stupid questions
thanks
found a deuce and it would need to be towed home as it has clutch blown

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
so you ever use this towbar to tow a deuce with another deuce and how far ? on the road or just off road?
hope that's not a stupid questions
thanks
found a deuce and it would need to be towed home as it has clutch blown
Not a stupid question, but one that's been covered in depth.

Here, this link will help, it has abut half a dozen links to good informative threads that cover the towing of deuces:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?78947-Towing-a-deuce&p=1337422&viewfull=1#post1337422