• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How easy is it to roll a deuce? Best tires without conversion kit for more speed/trac

coyotegray

I was in Bahrain in 91. I was following a guy driving an a3 that went through a round-about too fast and got it up on one side. He turned right, into the role, off the road and into the sand and set it back down..

Andy..

Scooteerr

WOW... I am amazed that no one has mentioned gimpy!!!!! Hmmm or were you just waiting for him to chime in himself.....

OH, GIMPY!!!!

Ps... I did not witness his "accident" but oh have I read about it... Unfortunately I can not think of where to find the thread...

DeucesWild11

I was wondering how hard or easy it is to role a deuce? Where can you get larger tires that wont cost tons of money. I was looking for tires that will get good traction but also hold up to 120 mile travel on a hot highway. If get one I would prob prefer getting the 6 large tires instead of 10.
Don't know where you are in PA but I got mine from Kublos, he's in Upper Northeast PA. Got 4 395's for a very reasonable price on stock rims.. Though some people will say they are not safe on stock rims so use your own judgement.. Not sure about Hot highway travel but they are rated for it.. If you don't want to go that wide he should have other sizes.. check him out you won't be disappointed..

Bighurt

WOW... I am amazed that no one has mentioned gimpy!!!!! Hmmm or were you just waiting for him to chime in himself.....

OH, GIMPY!!!!

Ps... I did not witness his "accident" but oh have I read about it... Unfortunately I can not think of where to find the thread...
The thread predates Gimp's event...

I was wondering how hard or easy it is to role a deuce? Where can you get larger tires that wont cost tons of money. I was looking for tires that will get good traction but also hold up to 120 mile travel on a hot highway. If get one I would prob prefer getting the 6 large tires instead of 10.
Come again. After reading that my brain feels like I just ate way too much ice cream, way too fast.aua

fasttruck

I RECALL WHEN THE EAGER BEAVER AND M 135 TRUCKS WERE INITIALLY RELEASED THEY HAD SIX WHEELS AND A FENDER BOX IN THE BED FLOOR. tHEY WERE APPARENTLY EASY TO ROLL OVER SO THE DESIGN CHANGED TO TEN TIRES WTIH DUAL WHEELS AND NO FENDER BOX.

hebertanthony93

My Fire department has a 530-B that has been rolled 2 times that i know of... once out on a brush fire and once just taking a corner too tight on base.. but to be honest i don't think it has bafolds (aww heck i can't spell) in the tank and i don't know the exact situation behind the accidents...