• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How gay is this?

BobM

I got some cheap wheels and tires from a guy who needed quick cash. I decided to try them on the 1008. I'm not gonna keep it lilly green original anyway. I just wanna have fun!

Attachments

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ditto. that would de-gay them. Also turn the tires around blackwall. displaying raised white letters are a closet case..

Croatan_Kid

AJM, I'm slowly starting to hate you!!!! :roll: I really wanted some of the 2500 HD rims, but I'm glad I went with an 8" wide in the end, but those look awesome and are really light weight!

BobM, those rims are so gay.....you should take them off your truck and ship them to me to avoid any further gayness comments about your truck :lol:

I actually think they look awesome! What are they? American Racing Outlaw IIs?

BobM

Croatan_Kid said:
AJM, I'm slowly starting to hate you!!!! :roll: I really wanted some of the 2500 HD rims, but I'm glad I went with an 8" wide in the end, but those look awesome and are really light weight!

BobM, those rims are so gay.....you should take them off your truck and ship them to me to avoid any further gayness comments about your truck :lol:

I actually think they look awesome! What are they? American Racing Outlaw IIs?
Not sure. They are American Racing, but not sure after that. The tires are almost new and they drove nice. Now if I could just get a 700R4...... :cry:

AJMBLAZER

Croatan_Kid said:
You'll hate me even more when you find out I paid $60 for them at a swap meet. However they have some Northern Michigan winter corrosion issues with the clearcoat and surface. If they had been pristine I'd have been running them already. Now it's just money and time...
BobM said:
Not sure. They are American Racing, but not sure after that. The tires are almost new and they drove nice. Now if I could just get a 700R4...... :cry:
Yep, those are Outlaw II's. Outlaw's look the same except have no holes and Baja's have larger holes.

OLDCHEV4X4 said:
Whell, if your not going to keep it original, then why not.
EXACTLY! :D

OLDCHEV4X4 said:
Looks like you need a lift real bad.
Nope, I cut and trimmed enough to make them fit with the 1" of front lift I have now. Don't rub anywhere even if I flex the wee out of it. If I'm turning hard and I bounce a bit they will brush the inner fender but literally only brush it. Moving the axle forwards an inch or so would solve the problem though. Winter project I think.

Lifts are expensive and would prevent this:

Attachments

BobM

OLDCHEV4X4 said:
Looks like you need a lift real bad.
Nope, I cut and trimmed enough to make them fit with the 1" of front lift I have now. Don't rub anywhere even if I flex the wee out of it. If I'm turning hard and I bounce a bit they will brush the inner fender but literally only brush it. Moving the axle forwards an inch or so would solve the problem though. Winter project I think.

Lifts are expensive and would prevent this:[/quote]

That looks like my old 'burban. We put it in the garage and put new shocks on the rear. Then we had to hang two of us big guys on the rear bumper to get it back OUT of the garage! :oops:
Now I have a taller garage!

AJMBLAZER

I don't drive this in the winter so it sits in the garage warm and safe from the road salt. Would a 4" Tuff Country HD lift be sweet and make it flex better? Sure. Would it sit in the snow all winter? Yep.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks