• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How I rebuilt my rotary hydraulic kneeling valve. Issues I ran into and how I got the stubborn knob off!!

RRaulston

Just to add a few things. I didn't test for leaks by activating the kneeling circuit. Mine leaked quite a lot by just activating the cab and tire lifts. So, I checked it in the way I used it. Also concerning the index wafer. I think the wafer may be the same as the 3-position selector knob. I believe I once had the wafer in a 3 click position upon assembly and then the 2-position spot. Hard to explain but when you turn your knob and it indexes 3 times for a raise/lower 2 position circuit, you may need to flip it. Cheers!!🍻

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to add a few things. I didn't test for leaks by activating the kneeling circuit. Mine leaked quite a lot by just activating the cab and tire lifts. So, I checked it in the way I used it. Also concerning the index wafer. I think the wafer may be the same as the 3-position selector knob. I believe I once had the wafer in a 3 click position upon assembly and then the 2-position spot. Hard to explain but when you turn your knob and it indexes 3 times for a raise/lower 2 position circuit, you may need to flip it. Cheers!!🍻
I rebuilt all rotary valves using a Harbor Freight Blue O ring kit…been over 1 year.. zero leaks……

Last edited:

coachgeo

@RRaulston - maybe you can get the white Ring from Power Packer who makes these units. Was honestly shocked CAT even had a clue where to look.

otherwise you might could try super glue sprinkled with baking soda to fix the ring? shape it as needed with Drimel tool orr? ?

87cr250r

The white ring is simply a backup ring. It prevents extrusion of the o-ring under pressure. They follow the same size format as the o-ring. You can cross reference the Cat part number to get the dash size of the o-ring.

McMaster-Carr Page:
https://www.mcmaster.com/backup-rings

If this system is using standard hydraulic oil or ATF you'll want to run 90 durometer buna-n or nitrile o-rings.

RRaulston

The white ring is simply a backup ring. It prevents extrusion of the o-ring under pressure. They follow the same size format as the o-ring. You can cross reference the Cat part number to get the dash size of the o-ring.

McMaster-Carr Page:
https://www.mcmaster.com/backup-rings

If this system is using standard hydraulic oil or ATF you'll want to run 90 durometer buna-n or nitrile o-rings.
WOW! Great information!!