• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How is accessory drive unit of rear of transmission pto hooked up to cab controls in?

sawmill71

Hello,
I am adding an accessory drive pto to my existing transmission pto for front winch and was wondering what linkage or control cables I need to hook it up with? If anyone has information or parts or both it would be a great help.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well since this is in the deuce section, I'm going with m35a2.

I'd use an air cyl or vernier cable to operate the pto. If memory serves, stock config is mechanical.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, I ....... was wondering what linkage or control cables I need to hook it up with? ..............
See this thread, posts #22 and 26.

The other alternative is what Gimpy mentioned: yes, a small air cylinder works very well! Simply connect both shafts via a small Ø3/8" pushrod and two pieces of HP-hydraulic hoses clamped to the ends.

Below is a pic of one of my applications... and this other picture, which barely shows said linkage, hidden in the background.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks