• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How is everybody wiring there trailer brakes?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm...didn't have that much to do with it except for some corrections and additions, never had any problem with the 1965 -20 TM version, but thanks anyway.

Katahdin

On mine....

Brake controller, 12v Step-down transformer, relay, and circuit breaker are under the dash on the driver's side. Dedicated lines from the batteries are run to the step down transformer.

Relay for brake signal is activated off the air booster switch. I put a Y connector and fuse there.

For trailer signal lights I simply put Y connectors off the wires going to the truck lights and ran each wire to the civi-trailer connector through its own small step-down transformer. No relays at all except the one for the brake controller. The transformers are waterproof and mounted inside the hitch frame, so if the hitch comes off, the transformers and trailer wiring goes with it.

I did have to convert some female rubber shell connectors to male ones to get the Y-connectors to work.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks