• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How is the value of the M35A3 holding up?

tobyS

I've still got a few projects for the truck this summer so I'm not hot to sell was just hoping to get a feel for the market.

The Tires are michelin 14.5R20 XL....not sure what those are in a metric size.
Sorry, I guess I was lamenting my own tire problems. I have the 14.5r20 as well and just removed 5 that are cracked bad and had some rim rust going on. If yours are not cracking, that is a big plus.

tobyS

Really, the 6x6 M35A3 will keep going up in price and mine will go down in price. I turned down $20,000 for mine last year. Guess i screwed up.
Steve, you have a beautiful truck. I'm not saying you won't get 20 offered again. The A3 is a wild card.

Other than having a full length frame, I plan on mine looking a lot like yours. I'm still trying to decide what to do with about 30" from bed to back of cab.

I know I sat on the nicest 5 ton 931 that I have had and couldn't get a retail price...finally selling it with a deep price cut. And another A3 went to the onion field at wholesale. I did real well selling 5 tons when the prices were under $10K retail...not so over that.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if volume is starting to rise and prices are starting to fall, due to fear of the threat of all of our road titles getting pulled.

tobyS

I wonder if volume is starting to rise and prices are starting to fall, due to fear of the threat of all of our road titles getting pulled.
Anyone that wants to dump an A3 really cheap since prices are going down on such an ugly, repulsive truck, be sure to contact me before it's entirely worthless and you have to pay to get rid of it....I can solve that problem.

None of us have signed an "off road only" like HMMWV's did. Sorry to guys with hummers...you took the risk. I'm all for a class action federal suit if it begins to spread.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don’t think it will matter that we had clear titles street titles and no EUC to start with.
I think all the hmmwv street titling shenanigans going on is going to be a, craping in the pool, party’s over, everyone out of the water, situation.
At least the Humvee guy’s will still be able to load their trucks on a common 2 axle trailer behind their pickup to get somewhere, our big trucks, not so much...
I don’t think we would stand a chance in a law suit, if they pull all former MV’s tags.

tobyS

"I don’t think we would stand a chance in a law suit, if they pull all former MV’s tags."

We may find out, especially if we do nothing and have no unity.

It will be interesting to see it happen one state at a time and listen to all the people that cry about it afterwards.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
from the first post this string......
"Would like to get an opinions on what its worth."

It is THAT time again.........

According to the IRS
the proper valuation of an item< (almost anything) is how much that one would pay for something that one does not necessarily need as against a seller of an item that does NOT necessarily have to sell it.

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It does have a fiberglass hood. And a soft top.
Were you able to determine the mfg yr from the VIN number?
You can't tell the year of manufacture from the VIN on an A3, only an A2. The best way is to get under the truck and into the engine bay and look at all of the ID tags you can find. Look at all three axle tags. Look at the tags on the hydraulics for the winch. Look at the transmission and transfer case. You will find quite a few other tags as well. On my A3, the oldest tag was late 1997, with quite a few early 1998 tags as well. Enough 98 tags, along with only a little over 3000 miles on the odometer, and plastic protective covering still mostly intact on the drivers seat. I also talked with the unit that it was assigned to and they told me that they had taken delivery of it new in 98. Almost impossible for mine not to be a 1998 model.

Also, in your case, if your fiberglass hood is original from the factory, yours in a 1998 as well. AM Genereal didn't start using fiberglass hoods at the factory until sometime in the 1998 production year, after serial number 504923. (See TM 9-2320-386-24-1-2) That being said, a lot of A3s have had their rusty steel hoods replaced with the fiberglass ones. I replaced mine with an NOS fiberglass one as well, even though my steel one was in pretty good shape compared to some.

Last edited:

4sarge

Resurrection day!
I was mistaken on the fiberglass hood...it is steel.
Appears to be a 1996 model from the various tags.
I'm going to list it today in the classifieds...hopefully!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks