• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How is your exhaust stacck mounted

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I go from idling to just adding a little power, in the m813a1, there is a terrible noise coming from the front passenger side of the truck.
I think it is due to how the exhaust stack is mounted.
There is an angled plate coming from the frame and above it is an angled bracket that u-bolts the stack tubes together.
In between there are a couple springs and washers held together by a nut and bolt. looking at the picture the stack bracket is below the door bracket.
I think this is what rubs and makes the noise.

Anyone have pictures of how theirs is assembled?

Thanx.

Attachments

Joaquin Suave

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know NOTHING about m813a1's! however, when mounting hardware between springs...The springs should not be compressed more than just slightly! Thus equallizing the compression between the top and bottom spring AND provideing free movement of the secured components.

My guess is...Loosen the bolt up so the springs have some travel & thing will quiet down markedly

CanonNinja

i agree... looks like its supposed to be mounted as such to reduce vibration or keep the stack from binding and breaking... loosen it up and see