• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How is your winter?

oddshot

I moved to NoGa from New freakin' Jersey 6 years ago ... partially to get away from the taxes ... partially to get away from the repressive diberal government ... but mostly to get away from the cold and snow.

After 54 years of it ... I had enough.

so anyoldways ... its only February, and already I've seen more snow then I'd care to in NoGa.

I actually had to shovel my sidewalk last month!!!!

I'm thinking about asking for my money back!

oddshot

BTW ... the highlight of this winter was driving up to Maryland to pick up my (topless) Deuce ... and finding 2 feet of snow on the ground ... AND in the cab of the truck!!!!!

zout

Actually I dislike cold - but it keeps me in the garage working on MV project more and with more intincity - cause when I am done I have to walk back to the house in the cold - so I stay longer.

The Bigger projects seem to get done - cause if the doors were open I would be day dreaming and headed out camping in at least one of them

Like thinking about heading out early to the GA 2011 Rally to see my friends.

All in all - good thing

Oddshot, you should have kept going south. No snow here in Florida and no state income tax....:mrgreen:
Been a pretty cold winter here in South Louisiana this year, much like last year. No snow yet, but some sleet and freezing rain, and temperatures have dipped into the 20's several times so far. Gonna get to about 26 here tonight.

That being said, I don't mind it, it really isn't that cold compared to up North, and it kind of makes up for the absolutely brutal summers here.

LC

Cleptomaniac

I love Oklahoma we get enough snow to close the place down for 2-3 days!! then its gone!!
So it snows like 10 in. in 1 night i walk out to start the Deuce and all my neighbors are shoveling their drivesaua (suckers) i thought. Started up the Deuce and headed out
leaving the snow where it fell :driver: I honked on the way past :twisted:

sirmrtow

here in northern indiana where we avg 70 inches of snow a year
we are over 100 inches so far with more on the way and coupled
with bitter cold im way past sick of it,The wife and I have only 6 more
years till shew retires then we are flying south forever , :jumpin:

sail-bum

I left Ohio to get a way from the cold weather and the cold x-wife, not sure which had more ice involved. I have been in Georgia for 10 years now, after this winter I am ready to learn Spanish and move to Florida.

jasonjc

Lets see it was -21 the other night. 3 snow storms 1 was to be 1" or less got 6" the last one was to be 4-6" got 24". Schools been out for 9 days now:mad: I'm sick of it all ready.

DMaddox

LONG and COLD... It got below 32 sometime in November and hasn't come up yet... Hopefully this weekend .. Come on spring and don't stop till Haspin!!!!:driver::beer:

Lets see it was -21 the other night. 3 snow storms 1 was to be 1" or less got 6" the last one was to be 4-6" got 24". Schools been out for 9 days now:mad: I'm sick of it all ready.
Didn't know it could get that cold in Arkansas, but I see you are up near the Missouri line. Reckon you must be in the Ozarks?

LC

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello from AZ. We have had a cool weather this year, we got down to 20 one morning and we have been cool for a longer periods this year. But the hot is coming as always. The Hot goes on way to long....

oddshot

Oddshot, you should have kept going south. No snow here in Florida and no state income tax....:mrgreen:
Y'all just be thankful I didn't.

I got a feelin' that cold, snow and taxes are gonna dog me the rest of my days.

If I had moved to Fla ... they just would have followed me like a good dog or a ugly girl friend.

oddshot

dabtl

The past two weeks have been miserable in Texas. We get sleet, which melts a bit and then it freezes making the roads more than hazardous. Deadly, in fact. Followed by five inches of snow which hid the ice until you hit it with your tires. Zowieeee!

Then the temp got down to 9 degrees one night.

The court house was closed for five days in two weeks. Yuk.

Fortunately, I had plenty of venison/pork/
jalapeño sausage, too much beer, lots of Cholula Sauce/ Cholula Chile Lime Sauce, Tobasco Chipolte Sauce, Mexican Dumplings and some other Gringo food to get me past the depression.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks