• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How it started, how it’s going.

CanadianAR

I have wanted a hmmwv for decades. Started with wanting an H1 as mil ones were not an available, but as a young man at that time I could not afford it. Haha.
Fast forward to last year. I found my preferred colour, in a military rebuilt truck, an hour from my house, Already licensed in Canada.
It was soft doors, top and cargo top. But decent shape, new engine in 07 at rebuild, Drove quite well. So I bought it,
Going over it I found issues from lack of use and such, nothing terrible but I decided to thoroughly refresh it myself, and then I could benefit from the nicer ride etc and also likely not have to replace some stuff ever again,
So to date, I’ve done.

Oil change/filter
Fuel filter
Air filter
New coolant
New brake fluid
New steering fluid
Diff services
All portals drained, bearings relocked, new fluid. T-Case service
Transmission oil and filter
Grease
Replaced a few sweating spindle seals.
Took apart t-case and reseated speedo housing. Both t-case output seals
Front and rear pads and rotors.
LF half shaft
All 4 shocks
All 8 ball joints
Tie rod assembkies
Pitman arm
Idler arm
Radius rods
Washer pump
Wiper arms and blades
Belts
High water fording kit
Radio rack
All LED light conversion
New drivers seat

As if I hadnt spent enough or spent enough time working on it, I decided to make it my dream truck.
So I drove to Alabama Twice. From Canada. 15hrs.
And picked up,

Original Air lift bumper
Original X doors.
And then went back for a pretty much complete slant back kit,
So stripped the truck down, and built a m1045.
Turret with heavy MG mount and Tow base. Dual opening rear hatch.
Still odds and ends , I want to accessorize, cargo nets, etc, and I did not put in armour at the moment cause it’s slow enough, lol

But I’m quite happy with how it turned out. Sitting in the turret is a great spot for coffee by the lake, lol

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks