• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How long have you had your Deuce???

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Man, who were all these posters? I've never hear dof any of these folks!

I have had mine since August of 2006 and I LOVE it.

Attachments

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang, talk about bring back an old thread! Started in May 04. Longhunter posted a year ago. DR had been MIA since july 06. Dieselsmoke and ironhorsegeneral are still here!

Going to have to think now. Had mine since april of 05. Darn thing multipled, now have 3, and a mighty mite. Still the only one that goes down the road.

Dennis

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, Whatever happened to DR? It's been a long time. Clinto, looks like a M48 you are pulling? :D

rwelker

I think I'm still a rookie. November 1999 was my first from Mechanicsburg DRMO. The good times when you bought from the USA.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DelmarvaDeuce said:
CT67

How hard was it to get registered in MD?
I have been hesitant to get a M35A2 becuase I didn't know how to register it and get temp tags to bring it home.
I was going back and looking at the old post and this guy joined in 2008 but his post was in 2004. Does he have a time machine :? ? It also says he has zero post but I know he's got atleast one.

Anyway. I got my first one in Aug. 2007.

rwelker

Jeff-you and others are why I still feel like a rookie. I have talked to guys over the years that have bought, sold, collected, and scraped for years and years. The days of the DRMO on-site auctions where you knew who you were bidding against and got some real bargins. There are guys out there that were collecting and restoring trucks and equipment before our trucks were built. Those are the real stalwarts in our hobby.

sak00

I happened to start looking in April of 2007. But I had wanted one for years. Found mine 90 miles from the house and the guy needed to get rid of it. I got a good deal in June of 2007.

saddamsnightmare

August 29th 2008.

Saddam's Nightmare was purchased from BullDogMack13 last October, and has run up over 4500+ miles since January 2008, including one 460+ trip to Norman, OK to pick up the M105A2 trailer, and one 200+ around Northeast Texas picking up tractor parts..... Best money spent for the price, has just needed minor repairs and upgrades to keep a 37+ year old truck running EVERY DAY. Her sister the Swiss Unimog has just eaten enough in repairs to buy TWO deuces..... No wonder the German and Swiss economy's doing so well..... aua

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2
1967 Hercules MEP023A Gas Gen-set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S.404.114 MB just paid off the Swiss National Debt!!!! rofl

N.B. We actually had M211 and M135 deuces in our construction company back in W.Va., that worked the Wheeling_Pittsburgh Coke Plant docks in Follansbee, W.Va. They were gotten rid of in the 1978 period as worn out, and worn out they were.... so it was an almost 30 year hiatus.... The M35A2 is a much stronger truck then any of the 211 or 135 series GMC's, no doubt about it! :twisted: