• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How long is too long to let sit!

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I let my truck sit for more than a week without driving it, things get real sluggish, there's alot of grumbling, downright tempermental (talking about me of course ;-)

Last edited:

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is kind of a complex topic... How long you let it sit, and what impact you're willing to accept as a result, is subjective. Keeping batteries charged, and making sure every. single. drop. of fuel in the system is fresh and treated are great things to do. But just because "it fires right up" doesn't mean that sitting hasn't had an impact on things like seals and tires. Seals last longer with exercise to stay pliable. Tires last longer when ran to keep the oils leaching to the outside surfaces to keep them from cracking. I'd be uncomfortable letting mine sit for more than a couple weeks at a time without driving it for an extended time at operating temperature. When you drive it, work everything you can. For example, if you've got an airshift t-case, engage it and put a mile or two on it loping through the neigborhood to keep the pinion seals, etc. exercised.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks