• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How long the starter will hold?

tage

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. He cranks for upwards of 40 seconds, sure, but after the first 10 seconds or so the engine is trying to start. With one, then two, then more cylinders firing the starter is not running at full load but with just enough energy to keep the engine turning. Call it engine-assisted starter!
Yeah no. There's a fair amount of cheech already hazing the ground when the video started. I am willing to bet he was cranking that sob for at least a minute, if not two. IF the glow plugs were that shot. "they probably are". Should have just gave it a snort of either, and gone on the marry way.... Budget for a starter, because when they get nice and hot they like to stick next time you try to start the truck lol

btw I want my view back.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
The title of the youtube is the title of this thread
the youtube is by summers1976 Published on Dec 11, 2017

1991 Humvee M1038. 98,000 miles. Diesel Cold start
Category
People & Blogs
License
Standard YouTube License

No further references found

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks