• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HOW LONG TO RUN ON DIFFERNT FUELS ?

24-VOLTS

Hey Guys,

I have here at my work 100 gallons that has been mixed with diesel at about a 50% mix.
I know that I can run it in our trucks. But for how long ? Since the fuel is free I thought I would take advantage of it. But if it is going to burn up a piston or anything it is not worth it. Just looking to see what everyone one here thinks.

I was considering taking it and diluting it down more with more diesel and adding a lubricant to help out. Any feed back is apreciated !

Thanks

Phill

ojsdna744

Not to sound dumb, but 50% is diesel - - what's the other 50%? If it's gasoline, I'd personally run it through by filling my tank halfway with it then adding diesel for the rest of the mix. That way it's approx. 25% gasoline but you still get a decent amount of fuel for "free."

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, the type of "fuel" other than diesel is key. Also I think that it would coke the injectors rather than burn a piston.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been running the FedEx mix for the last 8 months or so, around 1500 miles. They fill a 50 gallon tank 2/3 of the way full of gas. I usually just put in a 30 gallon barrel and add 2 or 3 gallons of diesel and call it good. Runs fine, but the more gas in the mixture, it tends to "hunt" at a hot idle. Then I add a few more gallons of diesel. there is a slight loss of power when the dieselgas is used, mostly on long hills.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i'd dump some oil in it. The gas is cutting the lube way down. Diesel allready is lacking in the lube dept now.

24-VOLTS

my mistake, yes the other 50% is gas. So it is a 50-50 mix diesel and gas which is all fresh and clean. The store here gets if from when cust put diesel in a gas truck and gas in a diesel truck and they can't sell it or have to pay to haul it out. So I thought I would make use of it ! Its Free !
Then using an addative to help lubricate the engine.

So as long as everyone thinks it would be fine then I will run it .

ojsdna7aa, that is what I was thinking of doing!

Pinkie

Add tons of Power Service, your IP will thank you! Well actually about 96oz to 300 gallons or 32oz per 100 gallons, you can mix over that if you want. when I come across a deisel that has poor idle and throttle response, I will take off the fuel filter, dump out the diesel, fill it up with Power Service, put the filter back on and start the engine, it does a world of wonders for the IP. It will also add a few cetane points.

Thanks,

J.R.

24-VOLTS

Help me out FDC ?

My engine is stock except for external fuel pump (replacement for intank and after market primary)

Thanks

Phill

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Help me out FDC ?
Fuel Density Compensator, on the injection pump. Sometimes bypassed by military and civilian owners due to leakage.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jdobyns said:
Add tons of Power Service, your IP will thank you! Well actually about 96oz to 300 gallons or 32oz per 100 gallons, you can mix over that if you want. when I come across a deisel that has poor idle and throttle response, I will take off the fuel filter, dump out the diesel, fill it up with Power Service, put the filter back on and start the engine, it does a world of wonders for the IP. It will also add a few cetane points.
IMHO, you might as well pour it into the fuel tank, the multi will only burn 1/2 gallon an hour at idle while recirculating 30 gallons during that time.

So dumping it into the filter canister will only burn a small fraction while returning most of it to the tank anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks