• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HOW MANY DUECES HAVE CENTER MOUNTED TROOP SEATS???

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's the NSN on the center row?
I read the TB referenced above and believe the seats are repositioned from the sides to the center, using fabricated receivers that are bolted to the bed.

In the TB the only NSN's I read about were for the nuts and bolts and small hardware.

Hey, I bet PB is about as friendly as OB for parking MV's on the street, eh?

Rick

Akicita

Four brackets are bolted onto the cargo bed of my Deuce. I bought the truck that way. I'm not sure what they were used for but they may have served to secured the center seat supports.
Sorry, I don't have a picture on this computer.

emr

I have seen in theater pics from my buddys of out side facing troop seats , all there sleepinggear was out on the edge and them and the other gear was on the inside, its never a mistake,

emr

I was curious about the advantages of center seating for non-military personnel transport. I looked at the TB regarding the fabrication and installation of center facing troop seating into the deuce: TB 9-2320-209-30/4

If I am reading the TB correctly, there are base brackets serving as receivers to be bolted to the floor of the bed. If that is the case, I say the Unimog center troop seating design is superior. The Unimog has recessed and hardened holes in the bed for receiving the seats, leaving a clear bed when the seats are removed.

I believe If I were to build outward seating in the deuce, I would not duplicate TB 209-30/4. I would copy the receiver pockets as used in the 416 and 1300L Unimogs.

Opinions??

Rick
I have one , over building is not always better, and the Mogs are famous for that :)

RDUKW

I have a complete center seat set in a box that got delivered to me last week. Does anyone know what they may be worth. These are nos never installed.

Ryan

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No clue what they'd be worth, but I have only seen this configuration once, it was on some training trucks at Aberdeen Proving Grounds.... MAYBE Ft. Benning, I honestly don't remember. it was for a convoy live fire range. I didn't like them at the time, but I think part of that was the actual range... very restrictive.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bought two 5 tons at FT. Benning a couple month ago. One of them has the center mounted seats as well as the standard inward facing seats. They are made of 2" square tubing , angle iron and the seats appear to be made of a single walk board. They have an open back, wouldn't want to ride for very long. They are bolted directly to the floor of the cargo area. Looks like a hillbilly mod

nmwildman013

A friend of mine has the center mounted troop seats in his deuce out here in New Mexico. He said it came with them. I think he said the truck came from Ft. Sill.

TehTDK

Here in DK centermounted seats are pretty common for our military trucks for personnel transport. And I actually thought it was a pretty common setup among military forces. But as far as I recall, the seats on our M.A.N 8's and 10's are just securely bolted to the floor of the bed but not actually chained down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks