• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many dueces

maxpshop

This morning I was watching the History Channel and the show was, The color of war fueling the fire. There was a quot that 800,000 2.5 ton trucks were produced during the war.

Ive got two.

Weve got a lot of counting to do. :shock:

max

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys,

Listen to Bruce. He has good sources.. My sources also confirm the same thing....

Now it the tital wave of deuces.. If you want one, now is the time.. Yes, you can wait a while, and prices are going to go up. Just look what has happened to CUCV prices over the past 12 months.... Im sure there will ALWAYS be one or two that managed to "escape" turn in and get turned in a few years from now, but that will be the exception to the rule.....

HeadWizard

I could believe that the "flood" of deuces might indicate that they're being flushed out of the system. Spoke to a GL rep last week when I was picking up an M105 and he said they were filling up the Annville, PA lot for a future sale. Also said that Meade was going to get another big batch. I'll check that when I go up this week for another 105.

So... who are these sources we're speaking of? Or would you have to kill us all if you told? :D

GoldComet6

I've seen the same 800,000 number, but it was for the CCKW from World War II - not the Reo designed 2.5 truck. I have seen 150,000 units for the M35, but nothing more specific than that for the latter Deuce. I'm assuming that number was just for that one model, since I have never seen a number for the entire G-742 series.

Since the older trucks have essentially been phased out, the feds will probably dispose of them quickly to free up the storage space, reduce their storage cost and most importantly - get some money back! Maybe within the next 1-2 years 99.9% of them will have been sold by GL.

Maybe I should get one this year too?? I'm not sure the GL route is best for me though. Maybe a nice one from a private party sale would be better for my "No Deuce" experience level.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could believe that the "flood" of deuces might indicate that they're being flushed out of the system.
Yes, they are being replaced (along with 800 and 900 series) with the FMTV series of trucks. This happened on Active Duty years ago, and is now catching up to the NG and Reserve units.

SasquatchSanta

I wonder how many Deuces there are in Deucenburg?

Wait a minute --- maybe that was suppose to be Duesys in Duesenberg.

Never mind ... the 60s were really good to me --- I get things confused :)

Daneil

What really stinks is the amount of M35s in Peurto Rico. Unless the gooberment brings them over here, people like me could never afford it. With shipping and all.