• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how many KVA is my MEP 002A

justacitizen

I am no expert so let me know if i figured this correct. to figure the KVA of my MEP 002A i first took 240 volts x 26 amps x 1.732 constant then divided by 1000 240x26x1.732 divide 1000 =10.80 so my little 002a is 10 kva? right?

justacitizen

I think i need to re word this post. I am in agreement with Chainbreaker. i just posted the caterpillar link to show where and how i made my error. I knew the set couldn't be a 10 kva.

this makes more sense! i was using the formula provided by caterpillar on their power generation websight. here https://www.cashmanequipment.com/UserFiles/Uploaded/cms/generator-power-factor.pdf

kW to kVA calculation formula

The apparent power S in kilovolt-amps (kVA) is equal to the real power P in kilowatts (kW), divided by the power factor PF:

S(kVA) = P(kW) / PF

Source: http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/kw-to-kva-calculator.htm

So for single phase AC 5 kW/.8 PF = 6.25 kVA

Last edited:

Isaac-1

You will see that these units are VERY conservatively rated, for example output is rated 24x7 at around 120 degrees F (depends on the model) and up to 5,000 ft altitude without derating where commercial units are generally rated at 86 degrees F and under 1,000 ft altitude, they are also generally rated as standby or maybe prime power rating, both limit runtime (standby is usually limited to 500 hours per year) as well as limit percentage of time at full output.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks